Thursday, September 3, 2015

Hot day. Cold treat? It's Fudgesicle time!

I am currently sitting at our family cottage in Nova Scotia, red wine by my side, desperately hanging on to the last few days of summer. The sun is warm today and the ocean is fresh. Why can’t we have summer more days of the year? I guess that just means you have to enjoy each warm day when you have it.

How did you spend your summer this year? I was fortunate enough to work at the Pan Am Games, go camping, visit with lots of friends and family, and of course I cooked a whole bunch! My summer would not have been complete without cooking and baking. 

I didn’t get out to the farmer’s markets as much as I would have liked but the times that I did just reminded me that it’s totally worth the trip. Fresh local fruits and veggies – nothing beats them! My favourite item to get at a market is corn on the cob. My fiancĂ© says I’m a bit of a corn snob but I can’t help it!! I grew up on the east coast where I could get really fresh corn. I remember being little and waiting for the truck to come back from the field so we could buy a feed to take home. But the two times I got corn in Ontario this year were really good! And guess what’s for dinner tonight at the cottage? Corn on the cob. We picked some up from a farm where they had a bin out front and you just leave your money in a jar.

Anyway, I could go on about corn forever. My main purpose for the post today is to give you a cold treat for these last few summer days. And I don't know about you, but summer is definitely going out with a bang. It's HOT today! I made these fudgesicles a couple of times this summer and they turned out so well. You just need a popsicle mold and only 3 ingredients. They’re dairy free and gluten free too!

3 Ingredient Fudgesicles

4 tblsp unsweetened cocoa powder
4-5 tblsp honey (or to taste)
1 ½ cups coconut milk

Place all ingredients in either a magic bullet, blender, or something with a tight lid like a mason jar, and shake or blend well until smooth. Pour mixture into popsicle mold and freeze for at least 4 hours.

You can substitute the coconut milk for almond milk and the honey for maple syrup. Using maple syrup also makes them vegan but I would use maybe 3 tblsps as maple syrup is sweeter than honey.




Hope you enjoy this yummy treat!



~Hannah

Remember, a healthy mind and body equals a happy and healthy dancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment